Women's March – Napa Valley – Please Join Us
PRESS RELEASE INFORMATION:
Women’s March – Napa Valley
January 21, 2017 – Saturday
10:00 am: March
11 am —1:00 pm: Event
“Drum Party” / Chorus / Music / Chants / Speakers
From Oxbow South sidewalk up 1st Street to Main, left to Veteran’s Memorial Park.
Located on the corner of 3rd and Main Streets
Parking + Map route below
Tax Deductible Donations can be made to On The Move who will accept donations for Women’s March Napa Valley via their website: http://www.onthemovebayarea.o rg/
Clicking “Donate Here” will lead to a Designation drop down box with Peace Puppets as the seventh option. Peace Puppets is the non-profit organization which will receive the funds for all Women’s March donations.
You can also write a check, paid to the order of: Peace Puppets with Women’s March written on the memo line and send it to:
On The Move
780 Lincoln Ave
Napa, CA 94558
attn: Lindsay Gonzalez, Annual Fund CoordinatorThank you so much for your support!
Marching in Solidarity for Human Rights…
Sponsored by Women, For Everyone!
Marchando en Solidaridad para los Derechos Humanos… Patrocinado por mujeres, para cada uno!
On January 21, 2017 we will stand together
to tell the nation and the administration-elect that:
1) All women shall maintain the freedom and lawful protection to choose what is best for them as it concerns their biological and reproductive health.
2) The diverse and vibrant communities of the United States of America shall be protected from political factions that would seek to inhibit their expression and existence by implementing legal restrictions on personal freedoms. These diverse and vibrant communities are the fabric of our great country and shall not be torn by hateful, divisive, and racist rhetoric or actions.
3) All people, regardless of gender, gender identification, ethnicity, racial heritage, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation and/or socioeconomic status shall be treated equally and equitably, with respect, dignity and justice for all.
By bringing people together online and in person at Veteran’s Memorial Park,
we strive to provide an outlet and support for those who wish to:
1) Advocate for and defend the most marginalized members of our society.
2) Connect with like-minded individuals and organizations within local Napa Valley communities.
3) Serve as a model of peaceful demonstration for the young women and men, and girls and boys, who will be the leaders of tomorrow.
4) Honor the women and men who have come before us and fought for human and women’s rights.
There will be monitors along the route at strategic locations to guide and assist as needed. We encourage you to bring your own homemade signs with positive messaging. We will distribute some signs along the route.
If you are coming to the 10 a.m. March, please park in public parking areas only. Do not park in Oxbow parking lots.
Beginning at Silverado Trail and 1st St there are lots of places to park in the neighborhoods. Please then proceed on foot and convene on the sidewalk along the edge of the Oxbow South parking lot.
There are also many public parking lots in downtown including Lot X (formerly Cinedome Theatre parking) which are very convenient.
We will begin from the corner of Vernon St and 1st St and proceed along 1st St towards downtown. We will cross Soscol Ave and proceed over the 1st St bridge towards Main St, turn left at Main St and proceed towards the Park.
Some marchers will turn south on Soscol Ave and continue towards 3rd St. At 3rd St, the group will turn west, cross the 3rd St bridge and proceed to the Park at the corner of 3rd St and Main St.
An alternate March route will be via the Oxbox Commons accessed from McKinstry St which passes under the train tracks and under Soscol Ave and arrives by way of the Opera House Plaza at 1st St. At 1st St, turn right to the light at Main St and then proceed south on Main St towards the Park. This route may be preferred by families with small children or others who wish to walk at their own pace.
Click on map to enlarge.
Click on image to enlarge.
WE ARE NOT GOING BACK
WOMEN’S RIGHTS HUMAN RIGHTS
THE PEOPLE UNITED WILL NEVER BE DIVIDED
DERECHOS PARA MUJERES SON DERECHOS PARA TODOS
LA RAZA UNIDA NUNCA SERA VENCIDA
Copyright © Women’sMarchNapaValley All rights reserved.
2017 01 20