Paleo Challenge Details, Strength Day
Join Our Fall LEANing Nutritional Challenge
LOOK Better – FEEL Better – PERFORM Better
October 4 – November 18.
45 days. YOU CAN DO IT!
*LEANing food Nutrition talk and kick off meeting with Beth & Ryan Tuesday October 4th, 7.00 -9.00PM. Attendance is mandatory for Challenge participants. The evening includes BIA testing, before picture taking, and a lecture which sets the stage for the Challenge
* Eating: Paleo
* Cost: $50.00 cash. $10 for BIA, $20 for kitty, $20 for admin costs
* Kitty will be divided in two for both a FEMALE and MALE winner
* Three `Before` pictures taken: front view, side view and back view. Men are in shorts and Women are in shorts and sports bra/bikini top. Please bring proper attire to the lecture so that we can take your picture at that time, or feel free to get registered and pictures taken in the days leading up the challenge
*New this Challenge is BIA, Bio-impedance body analysis performed by Dr. Ryan Lazarus. Our bodies are bioelectric and the BIA measures our vitality at a cellular level including mass of all metabolically active tissues, fat mass and total body water. This information will be used to determine the winners.
* Each Monday your food log for the previous week is emailed to our LEANing Google Users Group. Details of this will be presented during the lecture.
* Anyone can enter the LEANing challenge, but to win you must submit all your food logs each week, and you must be a member at Wine Country CrossFit
* Three `After` pictures are taken on Friday November 18
* Follow up BIA test performed at 6PM on November 18
* Winners are determined objectively based on BIA results. Pictures are included for the visual excitement of the challenge
* The two winners receive half of the kitty plus one month of unlimited classes at Wine Country CrossFit!
* The pictures taken are PRIVATE, meaning that they are not posted on the web or passed around in a random fashion to Challenge members
*Please bring all your questions to the lecture
*Please be aware of the following guidelines that will make the BIA accurate and successful. The BIA testing will be done at the kick off meeting, 7PM on Tuesday October 4th
1. Do not eat for 4 hours prior to testing.
2. Do not exercise for 12 hours prior to testing.
3. Do not consume alcohol for 24 hours prior to testing.
4. Drink at least 1 quart of water one hour before your test.
5. Do not drink caffeine the day of your test.
6. Do not wear pantyhose.
7. Do not put lotion on your hands and feet.
Back Squat – Find 10RM (ten rep max)
Floor Press – Find 3RM
Bent rows 8-8-8
GHR or hip extension 3x max reps
2011 09 26