Social Club Calendar Updates and Hang Power Cleans
Social Club Calendar Updates and Reminders
First things first – we now have a Social Club White Board at the gym – and hopefully one that won’t get rubbed off by Wall Balls or Handstands! Feel free to write up anything Social Club related!
- Last Tuesday’s Skyline Hike was great! We had a beautiful view of the sunset over the Valley – quite a sight! How about another Westwood Hills Hike tonight at 6:30 pm?
- In order to get more folks to join us, the date for the Dodge Ball Tournament/Wine Country CrossFit Happy Hour has been moved back to next Friday the 4th of October! Let’s make it for 6:30 pm, BYOB, and if we’re hungry after we can go grab some eats? If you haven’t already, email me if you’re in – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Day 16 of the 100-Day Burpee Challenge is today. 136 Burpees done, 4914 left. This is getting real.
- Dr. Mary Cooke who trains with us, and just had a baby 6 weeks ago, is training up for the 5K Color Vibe in Vallejo on September 28th. This looks to be fun!
- Our next Paleo Challenge starts on October 8th and runs through November 22. Email me if you have any questions!
- Don’t forget that the Sprint Distance DiabloMan Triathlon on October 20th. This is a really great tri, and the view at the top is soooo worth it!
- Cecile’s 10k portion of the Napa Wine Country Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K is at Bothe-Napa Valley State Park in St. Helena on Saturday, October 26. Let Cecile know if you’re interested and get some practice runs in!
- The Merrell Down & Dirty will be in Sacramento on October 27 out at Folsom Lake. This event looks to be an absolute hoot with 20 obstacles and heaps of mud!
- It’s official – Thursday, October 31 everyone wears a costume – if you don’t, it’s a 50 burpee penalty! Come in whatever costume (within decency) you want and the WOD will have a spooky theme! I’ve ordered by costume – have you??
- We also have some takers for Saturday, November 9 for our next Century Club. It will be in the middle of the Paleo Challenge, but I think I can grant some special dispensation! Email me if you’re in – email@example.com
- Also in November there is the Napa Turkey Chase, a local 5 and 10K race organized by our friends at Athletic Feat.
Hang Power Cleans – Find a HEAVY set of 3 (near 3 RM) then perform 5 sets at that weight, resting ~1 minute between sets
WOD: 10 Minute AMRAP
8 Lateral Burpees (12″)
12 Dumbell Push Press (45/25)
2013 09 23