Paleo Snickerdoodle Cheesecake and Muscle-Up Work
Last week I was innocently reading my Better Homes and Gardens magazine, and found a recipe for a (very) Non-Paleo Cheesecake. Being a lover of Snickerdoodles, I thought to myself “what if I sent this recipe out to our Paleo Challenge Community to see if anyone can come up with a Paleo version?”
Well, I did, and here is the resulting recipe! Just goes to show what we can accomplish when #1- we love Snickerdoodles and #2 – we work together!!
Try it out and send us in your reviews!!
Paleo Snickerdoodle “Cheese” Cake
Crust: Paleo Snickerdoodle cookie recipe
- 2 cups blanched almond flour, or raw almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup vegan shortening or lard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup coconut sugar for covering
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon for covering
Combine ingredients in a food processor, pulse in shortening and honey. Roll into a ball and coat with coconut sugar and cinnamon. Spread out in a 9-inch tart pan and bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes. Cool.
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, in liquid state
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (honey would also be really nice)
- 6 tablespoons water (you may want a little more if it is too thick)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Add cinnamon (for snickerdoodle flavor)?
**DO AHEAD** Soak the cashews overnight the night before you are making this.
Once the cashews have soaked, discard the soaking water, give them a quick rinse and add the cashews to the container of a high speed blender or food processor. Add the coconut oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla and water. If the mixture is too thick, add just a little more water, one teaspoon at a time. It should be a very thick mixture, so don’t add too much. Once blended, pour the cashew mixture over the crust and freeze overnight, or until solid.
When ready to serve, allow the tart to thaw for 15 minutes.
10 minutes to work on:
-Max rep single-effort muscle-up
10 Minutes to practice a working scaled version where you are able to perform 5-10 unbroken.
-Once found, and as time allows, then perform 1-2 more sets of max reps of MU (rest 2-3 minutes between sets)
WOD: “Nancy’s Little Sister”
200 m Run
10 Overhead Squats (95/65)
2013 10 29