Front Squats & Partner WOD & Pomegranates
Pomegranates. Easily one of the greatest things about Fall. I know, I know, they are a pain to get the fruit out. But, this amazing fruit is so great!
- Pomegranates contain three types of antioxidant polyphenols, including tannins, anthocyanins, and ellagic acid, in significant amounts
- Their antioxidant activity is known to inhibit cell proliferation and invasion, and promote apoptosis (cell death) in various cancer cells
- Pomegranates or pomegranate extract may help reduce joint pain and decrease inflammation in arthritis sufferers
- They may slow the growth of plaque formation in arteries, boosting heart health, and may even act as a natural treatment for erectile dysfunction
- The primary source of pomegranate’s benefits come from its antioxidant content, particularly ellagitannin compounds like punicalagins and punicalins, which account for about half of the pomegranate’s antioxidant ability. It’s also an excellent source of the antioxidant vitamin C, with one pomegranate providing about 40 percent of the daily requirement for this vitamin.1
Check out the many ways to use this wonderful fruit on Pinterest alone then go out and crack into some goodness!
Start at 60-70% of your 1RM Back Squat
Last week of Linear Progression
2 count down and 2 count up
Pimp Your Pulls
Purple Band Held in both hands in front of body. Retract Scapula 10 times.
Place band behind body. Extend Scapula 10 times to bring hands together.
Repeat 3 times
2 Prowler Push (90/25)
One partner pushes sled while the other does burpees. Score is total number of burpees completed by the team.
2015 10 02