Social Club Calendar and Press Complex
Social Club Calendar Updates and Reminders
First things first – a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to all the strong (and fast) women who participated in yesterday’s Vintage Festival 12K. All you ladies are amazing, but a couple of special shout-outs go to:
- Katie Curry for running (and finishing!) her 1st 12k with nothing but CrossFit as her training tool!
- Veronica King for placing 1st in her Age Group!!!
- Noelle Agger for placing 3rd in hers!
So amazing!! And so proud of you all – Noelle, Katie, Veronica, Megan, Jamie and Cecile!!
Don’t forget that we have a space in the gym to write anything Social Club related! Going for a jog? Write it up! Having friends over for cocktails? WRITE IT UP! Digging weeds in your garden and need help?? WRITE IT UP!! Ahem, anyway, on to this week….
- Last Tuesday’s hike at Westwood Hills was well attended (see the photo below!). We’re going for another on Wednesday at 6:30 pm. Come join us!!
- The Dodge Ball Tournament/Wine Country CrossFit Happy Hour is this Friday the 4th of October! We’re meeting at 6:30 pm, it’s BYOB, and we’ll probably go out for a bite to eat after working up an appetite! If you haven’t already, email me if you’re in – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Day 23 of the 100-Day Burpee Challenge is today. 276 Burpees done, 4774 left. This is getting real.
- Our next Paleo Challenge starts on next Tuesday, October 8th and runs through November 22. We’ll meet at 7:30 pm to talk Paleo and get everyone’s questions answered!
- Oh. Boy. Veronica’s and my Sprint Distance DiabloMan Triathlon is on October 20th. Wish us luck guys! Or just join in on the fun!
- Cecile’s 10k portion of the Napa Wine Country Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K is at Bothe-Napa Valley State Park in St. Helena on Saturday, October 26. Let Cecile know if you’re interested and get some practice runs in!
- The Merrell Down & Dirty will be in Sacramento on October 27 out at Folsom Lake. This event looks to be an absolute hoot with 20 obstacles and heaps of mud!
- Thursday, October 31 everyone wears a costume – if you don’t, it’s a 50 burpee penalty! Come in whatever costume (within decency) you want and the WOD will have a spooky theme! Any guesses as to what my costume is???
- Saturday, November 9 is the date for our next Century Club. Many folks have asked what it is. Well, click here to find out!
- Also in November there is the Napa Turkey Chase, a local 5 and 10K race organized by our friends at Athletic Feat.
Press Complex – Find Heavy Set of 3 Reps (1 rep = 1 Press + 1 Push Press + 1 Push Jerk OR Split Jerk) then perform 3 Sets of 3 Reps at that weight. Rest 60-90 seconds between efforts.
WOD: 12 Minute AMRAP
7 Chest-to-Bar Pull-ups
7 Push-Press (95/65)
5 CTB Pull-ups
5 Push Press
3 CTB Pull-ups
3 Push Press
2013 09 30