Monday Meal Prep
Monday Meal Prep – Almost Five Ingredient Pizza Spaghetti Pie
This spaghetti squash pizza casserole is easy to assemble and you can adapt it with whatever ingredients you choose! Its very versatile. The key is to get pizza sauce, which is spiced but almost all brands are sugar free (compared to most spaghetti sauces on the shelves that have added sugar). Keep a few cans in your pantry to make it easy to throw this together! Use a spicy Italian sausage for more flavor. (Source: PaleOMG.com)
- 1 large spaghetti squash (about 600 grams)
- 1 pound italian sausage
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup pizza sauce (no sugar added)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs, whisked
- (optional: add anything you like with pizza: veggies, basil, even cheese if you do primal)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Place spaghetti squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the skin of the squash gives when you press on it. Then reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Once squash is done cooking, remove threads and place in an 8×8 greased baking dish.
- Place a large pan over medium heat. Add italian sausage and onion. Cook until pink no longer remains in the sausage and it is broken up into pieces.
- Add pizza sauce, dried basil and salt and pepper to the pan and mix well.
- Add sausage mixture to the 8×8 dish and mix well with spaghetti squash threads.
- Lastly, add whisked eggs to the baking dish and mix everything together until you can no longer see the eggs.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour or until the top of the mixture forms a slight crust that doesn’t give when you press on it in the middle of the dish.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
2017 05 21